With Blackboard Collaborate, you can meet virtually online with your students, yet engage and interact as if you were in a traditional classroom. Blackboard Collaborate includes two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout rooms, and session recording. These tools are at your fingertips and easy to use.
Blackboard Collaborate is also a great tool for hosting club meetings or creating a collaborative workspace for members of your community.
Tips on Participating in a Session
• Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
• Plug in your webcam and microphone, if they are not built into your computer. For best results, use headphones with a built-in microphone.
• Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
• Setup your audio and video when you first join a session.
• Call into the session via telephone if your audio is not working well.
• Create greater participation in the session with polls, breakout groups, and sharing content with your students.
• Students will raise their hand by clicking the hand icon when you have a question or a comment.
• Use Chat to send text messages to other participants during the session.
• Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.
The important features you need to foster collaborative online learning are organized neatly within the Collaborate with the Ultra experience user interface. This video was designed to give you a quick tour of all the important features and controls in the user interface.