Connect with your student using the message system in Ultra.
Want to give an audio or video message recording for feedback to you student? Learn it here.
Learn about notification settings, such as: notifying yourself of gradable items
Announcements are an ideal tool for communicating time sensitive material to students, such as reminders about upcoming due dates or changes to the syllabus.
- Log in to Blackboard and access the course
- Under Details and Actions click Create Announcement
- Give your announcement a title, select recipients, and type your announcement
- To schedule your announcement to post at a later time check the box next to Schedule Announcement and select the dates you would like the announcement to be visible and click Save
- To display your announcement immediately click Save, then click Post Now
Note: If you create an announcement in a Parent Course, that announcement will be seen by the students in ALL of the child courses.
Blackboard Messages helps you communicate with persons who are enrolled in the Blackboard course. Messages can be sent to select students, groups, or an entire class.
- Login to Blackboard and open the course
- Click the Envelope icon (upper right)
- On the Messages page click the Plus icon (upper right)
- Select Recipients and type the message
- Click Send
Note: If you would like an email copy of your message to be sent you must check the box next to Send an Email Copy.