Yes, you can access some coursework on your phone, but not all coursework.
Use your computer for optimal access to SouthArk coursework online.
SouthArk is upgrading to BlackBoard Ultra in January 2020, which will automatically update within this app.
MicroSoft 365 is also available for Mobile devices.
Note: You can only take a test using Respondus Lockdown Browser using your computer. Sometimes you can take a test using Respondus Lockdown Browser on an iPad, if your instructor has enabled the test for iPad use. You CANNOT take a test using Respondus Lockdown Browser on other mobile devices, such as cell phones or other tablets.
For an I-Phone
Homescreen > Mail> Account > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange
Now follow through the steps provided on your cell phone. Use the following settings below, when asked. Different phones ask for different items.
Type of Email, you can choose: Exchange, Microsoft Exchange, Corporate, ActiveSync Exchange, or ActiveSync.
Type in southark\ FFFLLL#### - Combine first three letters of first name, first three letters of last name, and last four digits of student ID number.
SA* followed by your 9-digit student ID number.
Combine first three letters of first name, first three letters of last name, and last four digits of student ID number followed by @southark.edu
SSL: On or Enabled
These instructions will vary depending on the type of phone you are using.
Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Exchange Active Sync
iPhone, iPad, iPod
Homescreen > Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange
While you can access Blackboard from your mobile browser, some features may not work well due to the limitations of mobile devices. Instead, you should access Blackboard using the free Blackboard mobile app, which is available for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Getting started with the Blackboard App
Simply download the application and install on your device. The Bb Student application is free and can be downloaded from the following locations:
- Apple App Store for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Google Play store for Android devices
- Windows store for Windows mobile devices
With the Blackboard App you can:
- Access course content anywhere, anytime: whether you're at the gym or traveling for spring break, you can check grades, view announcements, access course content, and complete assignments.
- Engage with peers and teachers: Create, browse, and reply to conversation using Bb Student's Discussions tool.
- Attend virtual classes and meetings: Participate in web conferencing sessions using the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra system to view slides, video, and join in with your device's microphone and the text chat
- Stay informed in real-time: Tired of refreshing your browser, waiting for that mid-term grade to be posted? Get real-tim push notifications to your phone about new grades, upcoming tests, and past due dates.
- Prioritize your work: Bb Student's activity stream prioritizes events and actions for you, so that you can stay on top of upcoming assignments and deadlines.
There are some limitations, however. You should NOT use the Blackboard App or your mobile browser to submit Assignments in Blackboard, or to take a quiz or test, unless your professor or instructor has specifically told you that you may do so.
You can participate in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session directly from your mobile device directly in your browser (Safari on an iPhone or Chrome on an Android phone) or in the Blackboard App. On your mobile device, you are able to fully interact during the session:
- Join live classes or meetings
- Share audio and video
- Interact via text chat
- View content shared by the instructor
- Use whiteboard tools
- Use emoticons, hand raising, polls, breakout rooms
When participating from a mobile device, you will have the best experience over Wi-Fi.