Application for admission
Applications are now being accepted for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. You will be notified via email when your entire packet has been received. Applicants will not be considered until the entire packet is submitted. The deadline for the Fall 2022 application is August 5th. The deadline for the Spring 2023 application is November 5th. If selected, the applicant will be interviewed independently as well as with his/her family or support person. An interview does not guarantee admittance to the Program. Please note that additional paperwork will be required upon admission.
- Successful submission of an application to the Academic & Career Achievement Program (ACAP)
- A copy of your driver's license or government-issued photo ID
Applications and Recommendations should be submitted to:
ACAP - Byron Winn, Director
South Arkansas Community College
P.O. Box 7010
El Dorado, AR 71731-7010
The ACAP program is a non-degree Certificate Program. Transfer credits from other colleges or postsecondary programs are not accepted.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 29 prior to the first day of class
- Display a desire to continue academic, career development, social and independent living instruction at South Arkansas Community College.
- Display a desire to obtain gainful employment upon graduation
- Have a cognitive and/or developmental disability that interferes with their academic performance and social development.
- The applicant must have been (or is presently) eligible for special education and related services under the IDEA.
- Have sufficient emotional behavioral and independent living skills necessary to participate in coursework and campus life
- Be able to work independently for most of the day
- Demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and maintain respect for him/her and others and have no history of disruptive or challenging behaviors
- Be able to perform at an academic level with or without accommodations
- Be independent in handling his/her own medication, specialized dietary, and/or medical needs. Staff is not available to manage/administer medications The ACAP program does not take responsibility for specialized diets or medical needs
- Participate in an interview with and without support from family/support person, if selected for an interview
- Complete a reading and writing sample during the interview, if selected
- Be able to attend all classes, tutoring and mentoring sessions, etc., once accepted into the program
- Have completed a high school program
PROJECTED COSTS FOR 2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
Academic Tuition and other fees