SouthArk Adult Education Locations:
We serve both Union County and Bradley County residents.
SouthArk East Campus (primary location)
3696 East Main Street, El Dorado, AR 71730
SouthArk Warren Campus
204 Bragg Street, Warren, AR 71671
SouthArk Adult Education Enrollment Process:
- Orientation Class. All students will take an Orientation Class in order to enroll in GED® and WAGE™. During orientation, students will learn what services Adult Education provides, how to earn a GED®, how to earn a WAGE™ Certificate, program policies about attendance and hours, and more. Students must complete orientation before taking TABE 11/12 or attending class.
- Testing. After orientation is complete, students can immediately start the testing process to enroll into class. Students will take the TABE 11/12, which is a computerized standardized test over basic skills in reading, language, and mathematics. This is not a pass or fail test. Rather students are provided Scale Scores and Educational Functioning Levels (1-6) based on their performance.
- Advisor. After TABE testing is complete, students will meet with the advisor either by walk-in or by appointment. The Advisor will review scores with the student and begin a Student Learning Plan. During this meeting, the Advisor will provide further explanation on what to expect in class and answer any questions students may have. Goals will be set, a class schedule will be provided, and the student will be informed of which classes to attend based on test scores.
- Instruction. After meeting with the Advisor, the students are able to begin class. Students will be assigned an Essential Educaiton login for blended learning (in-class and online). Students are encouraged to attend class 10-20 hours a week to progress in their program, make educational gains, improve test scores, and graduate.
- Post-testing. All students are required to post-test. After taking the TABE 11/12 for the first time (pre-test), students must attend class for 40 instructional hours. After 40 hours are earned, the student will test again (post-test) to improve their score/level. If required scores are not earned on the post-test, instructional hours will re-set and start over. No work is lost. However, a new set of 40 hours is required before testing again.
Why do we post-test? SouthArk Adult Ed is state/federally funded based on student performance. Therefore, we post-test students to improve their scores from one level to the next level. We call these gains. We love seeing students learn and improve test scores!!! Student performance is important, and we want all of our students to succeed. The better our students perform, the more students we can serve.
Schedule for Orienation Class:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM OR 1:00 PM
State issued ID is required.
Students should be on time for Orientation Class. If late and class has started, the student will be asked to return to next available class time. After Orienation class is complete, students can immediately begin testing. The TABE 11/12 is estimated to be 6-7 hours total; therefore, students can expect testing to take 1-2 days to complete. Testing is provided by appointment or availability only.