JOB DESCRIPTION: The Financial Aid Specialist works under direction and is responsible for providing, obtaining, processing, and packaging student financial aid information and coordinating the compiling of data for various financial aid programs.
Specifically, the job assignment includes:
- Reviewing, processing and packaging financial aid applications, including electronic applications and corrections, verification and satisfactory progress review.
- Greeting clients, answering telephone, and providing specific information and assistance.
- Processing and maintaining records, spreadsheets and database of Single Parent Scholarship applicants and any associated deposits and withdrawals.
- Processing financial aid verifications and all related reports.
- Preparing reports, tables, and computer-generated documents as required.
- Performing related responsibilities and duties as required or assigned.
- Scanning and indexing of records for paperless management.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of student financial aid programs. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interview and obtain pertinent information. Ability to collect, analyze and compile data.
Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
Ability to write queries, and merge data from two or more databases. Ability to monitor student enrollment activities.
Ability to conduct presentations and/or seminars. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Excellent organizational and attention-to-detail skills.
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in general business, public administration, or a related field plus one year of experience in student financial aid or related area or a total of five years of education towards a bachelor's degree and work related experience.
Experience with Jenzabar, EDExpress and FormsCentral software. Experience in processing need analysis forms.
Experience in assisting a diverse population of students and families with the financial aid process. Experience with IRS tax return regulations