The goal of the SouthArk Leadership Academy is to develop a network of qualified leaders for the present and future college and community needs. To meet this goal, SouthArk seeks to:
- identify and motivate individuals with leadership potential;
- acquaint participants with issues, needs, challenges, and opportunities in higher education, community college, and community;
- engage participants in information sharing, exchange of ideas, and networking;
- challenge potential leaders to become involved with issues, the decision-making process, and professional development;
- provide participants with skills, opportunities, and mentors for leadership development.
To be eligible, you must have:
- been employed at SouthArk for at least one year,
- an evaluation that is above expectations,
- the approval of your department/division supervisor,
- and have their full support – for you and the time required to participate in the 9 month/9 session program.
If you are interested in applying for participation in the 4th SouthArk Lead Academy, please submit the application to Susan Jordan by September 1, 2018.
2017 - 2018
SouthArk Lead Class III Members: Tim Johnson, Roslyn Nipper, Robert Norman, Philip Shackelford, Susan Spicher, Vanessa Williams
2016 - 2017
SouthArk Lead Class II Members: Benjamin Cagle, Caroline Hammond, Sherry Howard, Valerie Lewis, Vernita Morgan, Christy Wilson
2015 - 2016
SouthArk Lead Class I Members: Linda Bates, Heather Smith, Dr. John Spencer, Amy Sturdivant, Genevieve White