With Blackboard Collaborate, you can meet virtually online with your students, yet engage and interact as if you were in a traditional classroom. Blackboard Collaborate includes two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout rooms, and session recording. These tools are at your fingertips and easy to use.
Blackboard Collaborate is also a great tool for hosting club meetings or creating a collaborative workspace for members of your community.
Tips on Participating in a Session
• Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
• Plug in your webcam and microphone, if they are not built into your computer. For best results, use headphones with a built-in microphone.
• Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
• Setup your audio and video when you first join a session.
• Call into the session via telephone if your audio is not working well.
• Create greater participation in the session with polls, breakout groups, and sharing content with your students.
• Students will raise their hand by clicking the hand icon when you have a question or a comment.
• Use Chat to send text messages to other participants during the session.
• Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.