Application for Admission
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-2024 Academic Year. The deadline for the Fall 2022 application is August 4, 2023. The deadline for the Spring 2023 application is November 5th. If selected, the applicant will be interviewed independently as well as with his/her family or support person. An interview does not guarantee admittance to the program. Please note that additional paperwork will be required upon admission.
The ACAP program is a non-degree Certificate Program. Transfer credits from other colleges or postsecondary programs are not accepted.
• Successful submission of an application to the Academic & Career Achievement Program (ACAP)
• A copy of your driver's license or government-issued photo ID
• Be between the ages of 18 and 29 prior to the first day of class.
• Have completed a high school program.
• Display a desire to continue academic, career development, social, and independent living instruction at South Arkansas College.
• Display a desire to obtain gainful employment upon graduation.
• Have a documented cognitive and/or developmental disability that interferes with their academic performance and social development.
• Have sufficient emotional, behavioral, and independent living skills necessary to participate in coursework and campus life.
• Be able to work independently for most of the day.
• Demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and maintain respect for him/her and others and have no history of disruptive or challenging behaviors.
• Be independent in handling his/her own medication, specialized dietary, and/or medical needs. Staff is not available to manage/administer medications The ACAP program does not take responsibility for specialized diets or medical needs.
• Participate in an interview, if selected, with and without support from family/support person to include a reading and writing sample.
• Attend all classes, tutoring, and mentoring sessions, etc., once accepted into the program.
PROJECTED COSTS FOR 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Academic Tuition and Other Fees: $2,910.00 per semester
The ACAP program is Title IV eligible.
Faculty and Staff