Upward Bound is a pre-college program for high school students. This program prepares students for education beyond high school. Upward Bound is for students who demonstrate an academic potential for higher education, who meet income qualification guidelines, and who are first-generation college students.
The Upward Bound program at South Arkansas Community College is committed to serving the learning and developmental needs of eligible students and families in our community, and strives to promote excellence and success in high school and college completion.
Empowering students and families with the academic support needed to succeed in their educational endeavors
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
FAFSA on the Web Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Arkansas Lottery Scholarships
Look for us on Facebook!
El Dorado High School
An individual is eligible to participate in the program if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Is a low-income individual
- Is a potential first-generation college student
- Has demonstrated a potential for post-secondary training
- Has a need for academic support in order to successfully pursue post-secondary training
No person shall be denied admission to the program on basis of race, color, sex, or national origin.
ACADEMIC YEAR PROGRAM
- 18 Saturday Scholars Academies
- Academic advising, career coaching, financial literacy
- Study groups; tutoring services
- ACT preparation; Technology
- Exposure to cultural and social events.
- College tours; Leadership training
- Assistance with college admissions and financial aid applications.
- Parent workshops; community service
- Educational seminars; guest speakers
SUMMER SCHOLARS’ ACADEMY
- Intensive six-week session
- Simulated college experience
- Instruction in rigorous academic courses
- ACT; Technology; Financial Literacy
- College seminars; Career Awareness
- Internships; Job Shadowing
- Counseling; Mentoring; Leadership
- Community Service; Work Experience
- Exposure to cultural events, academic programs, and recreational/social activities
SUMMER BRIDGE PROGRAM (FUNDED BY UPWARD BOUND)
- Final stage of Upward Bound Program for participants who have completed their senior year in high school and have been accepted to a post-secondary institution.
- Participants enroll in college courses at South Arkansas Community College classes.
- Selected on the basis of academic performance in high school and previous program participation.
- Designed to aid students in making a successful transition from high school to college,
- Study groups, tutoring, and academic resources available to participants.
South Arkansas Community College
300 South West Avenue
El Dorado, AR 71730