The Career Accelerator hosts two apprenticeship programs each year. The South Arkansas Electrical Apprenticeship School and the South Arkansas Plumbing Apprenticeship School provide instruction for those pursuing careers in the electrical and plumbing trades. The four-year programs are sanctioned by the Arkansas Office of Skills Development. The programs require classroom instructional hours combined with on-the-job training. Upon completion of the four-year program, students are eligible to take the appropriate examinations administered by the State of Arkansas.
- At least 16 years of age or older
- Completed high school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license or state-issued photo identification
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
- Must be employed by a qualifying company while in the program to receive on the job training.
Faculty and Staff
Michele Hildreth: Corporate Education Specialist