Are you interested in applying for the Arkansas Community Colleges 2020 Academic All-Star Scholarship? This is a scholarship opportunity for students completing their first year of college.
After the student is selected, SouthArk provides a $500 scholarship for his/her final semester.
The selected individual will join SouthArk employees along with a guest of the recipient’s choice at the annual ACC conference brunch when all 22 Arkansas, two-year colleges’ Academic All-Stars are recognized.
Do you meet the following criteria?
Nominations are based on outstanding academic performance; awards, honors, and recognition for academic achievement; and service to the college and the community.
- Arkansas resident
- Currently enrolled in an Arkansas, two-year college and expect to be enrolled at that same college through at least Spring 2021
- Completed a minimum of 24 credit hours in pursuit of an associate degree by June 2021
- Intent to graduate from the nominating college with an associate degree by Summer 2021
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.25 in all credit coursework completed at the nominating college
The All-Star will receive a $500 scholarship for his/her final semester to attend the nominating college (SouthArk), paid for by the nominating college (SouthArk).
- The Student Services Committee will create an ad hoc committee that will oversee the selection process.
- The Ad Hoc committee will consist of two (2) members of the Student Services Committee and three (3) faculty, one from each of the divisions. This ad hoc committee will review all of the applications and make a final recommendation, along with an alternate, to the SouthArk Cabinet within 14 days of receiving the applications.
- The cabinet will review the recommendation for approval. If the recommendation is approved, the Director of Marketing and Public Information will be contacted for a student photo op. If neither the recommendation nor the alternate is approved, the Vice President of Student Services (VPSS) will reconvene the Ad Hoc Committee for further review. It will be the responsibility of the Vice President of Student Services (VPSS) to contact the winning student and make all the necessary arrangements for the student to travel to the annual Arkansas Community College where the student will be recognized.
- The VPSS will contact the Director of Financial Aid to make sure that the scholarship is awarded in a timely manner.